TOTAL QUALIFICATION TIME
Pre/ Mid and Post Assessments (Local Achievement)
Production management is the process of managing a product and its lifecycle, from its beginning as an idea to its physical launch or marketing. The business objectives of product management are to make the product valuable for the targeted customer while producing measurable benefits for the business making it. This Production Management Training course will help you to learn core skills and strategies that form the entire product management process. Delegates will gain in-depth knowledge of all critical areas of product management such as insight creation, product strategy, product planning and marketing.
|Upon completion of the course, learner is expected to:
|Explain the concepts necessary to implement total production management.
|Interpret strategies to work effectively with a product management team.
|Represent the key phases in developing a product plan.
|Generalize the importance of understanding product portfolio.
|Summarize the Importance of Quality Management.
|Classify the different types of production operations
- Understand the basic concepts necessary to implement total production management.
- Introduction to Production Management
- Key Responsibilities of Product Managers
- Managing Product Managers
- Cross-Functional Role of Product Managers
- Strategies for Creating an All-Star Product Team
- Product Lifecycle
- New Products: Proposal, Development, and Launch
- Product Marketing Planning Process
- Customer Value Management
- Product Planning Annually
- Evaluating the Product Portfolio
- Strategic Product Planning
- Financial Side of Product Management
- Inventory management
- Management of Quality and Quality Control
- MRP, JIT, ERP and other Lean Operations
The taught instructor-led course will be a suitable mix of lectures, tutorials, workshops, case studies, videos and hands on practical exercises. Delegates will be given immediate opportunities to apply what they have learned with real life problems and case studies. A comprehensive course workbook is at the core of this course and delegates will also be guided through additional material in the instructor-led sessions.
There are no specific prerequisites for candidates pursuing these qualifications. However, it is important to ensure that candidates have the potential and opportunity to successfully attain the qualification. The minimum age requirement for candidates is 16 years.
CAREER PATHWAYS AND JOB ROLES
- Plant Supervisor/ Manager
- Operations Manager
- Quality Supervisor/ Manager
- Production Supervisor/ Manager
- Customer Service manager
- Marketing Manager
- Retail Manager